If you are in your mid to late 20s, you probably sighed with familiarity when you read that blog post title. You know, all too well, what I am talking about. The inevitable end to the bounce back.
Let’s rewind a bit to…..July 5th.
Bobby and I hosted a July 4th
monsoon party BBQ. We had a great time hosting friends in our new-ish place and danced well into the wee hours of the morning (12am). I bet you can guess where I am going with this one.
OH HOLY HANGOVER.
I was basically confined to my bed except for the brief moments in time when I moved, ever so slightly, to feed myself.
I’ve begun to develop a reputation among my friends of dialing it back a bit when I go out with them because I live in mortal fear of my now awesomely awful hangovers. I don’t know if there is a phobia for hangovers, but if there is, feel free to diagnose me with it.
In my youth, I never thought about this so-called “hangover” thing. I drank, I danced, I slept, and I leapt into the next day with vigor. If only my 20 year old self could see my 27 year old self…..
Youth vs. Present Day
- Remember when you didn’t have to switch on and off between drinking an alcoholic beverage and water? Me neither.
- Shots? What AM I 18?!?!
- Ohhhhhhh, 1am…yeah no, not familiar.
- I have to go out Friday AND Saturday this week? Okay…mark me down as busy hydrating all day Saturday.
- Do I run or do I drink? Run or drink, run or drink!??! Driiiiiiiii…RUN…then drink :)
- I would love to sleep til 2pm tomorrow but I have running, yoga, pilates, yogalates, mocha lattes, and reading my book by candle light so I guess I can’t go out tonight.
Sound (roughly) familiar?
Oh and since we are on the subject of youth vs. now… PASS ME THAT SPF 50.